The following list is not comprehensive, but it should give you a glimpse of the wonderful benefits that yoga pranayamas can bestow!
- Improves lung capacity and helps treat all respiratory ailments such as asthma, etc.
- Improves the intake of Prana (life-force) to help the entire system rejuvenate and regenerate.
- Helps the body detoxify and increases oxygen supply to the blood stream.
- Helps the cardiovascular, nervous, and immune systems.
- Helps the mind, body, and senses come into rhythm and better coordinate function.
- Improves health and heal diseases.
- Awaken, balance, and heal the chakras (energy vortexes that lie along the the spine from the base to the crown).
- Increase energy and vitality.
Mental and Emotional:
- Slows down the thinking process and calms the mind.
- Helps dissolve stress.
- Reduces anger and irritation.
- Promotes a sense of happiness, joy, peace, and tranquility.
- Improves awareness, concentration, and mental clarity.
- Helps you evolve spiritually.
- Helps manifest desires and intentions.